20 February 2010

A Day in San Jose


Today Janelle and I drove down to San Jose to visit the Winchester Mystery House, a 160 room Victorian mansion built by the heiress to the Winchester rifle fortune. She believed that if she continuously built onto her home the ghosts of those killed by the Winchester rifle would not haunt her. Carpenters worked 24 hours a day 7 days a week for 38 years, creating a spectacular mansion with some odd features including; a stairway to the ceiling, doors that open to blank walls, windows in the floor and upside down posts.

Touring 110 of the rooms on our guided tour was surreal considering that I wrote a report on the mansion in middle school. I never thought I would actually see it in person!



After our tour we drove a few miles down the road to check out HP Pavilion, also known as "The Shark Tank," home of the NHL's San Jose Sharks. Living in Northern California for the last two NHL seasons have really got me hooked on the Sharks. Dare I say, the Sharks are my #1 team?

No comments: